We’ve identified a few jobs for which we have a critical and/or frequent need. After reviewing the list below, return to our Job Seekers site to review the full job postings and learn how to apply. Remember, this is only a partial list of our open jobs. Also, be sure to complete an Online Job Interest Card to receive automatic email notification of new job openings that match your interests.
CRITICAL NEED JOBS: For more information on these jobs, review the full postings or call the contact person listed. Note: The term ‘DHHR’ refers to the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE
(jobs in this office are not covered by the Division of Personnel merit system) – The Office of the West Virginia Attorney General is looking for individuals to fill the following positions: Attorneys and Support Staff such as Administrative Support positions, Legal Secretaries, and Paralegals. Please visit http://www.ago.wv.gov/about/Pages/Employment-Opportunities.aspx
for more information on positions and the application process.
DHHR (Medicaid Fraud Control Unit - Kanawha County):
Investigator 2. Please review the minimum qualifications (click here
). If you meet the qualifications and are currently in the covered service, submit an application to Sherry.L.Jaynes@wv.gov
. If you meet the qualifications but are not currently in the covered service, please apply through the regular Division of Personnel application process (click here
Hopemont Hospital (Preston County): Urgent need for Nurse 3, 3-11 shift and 11-7 supervisor, LPNs, RNs, Health Service Workers. Call Brenda Thomas, 304-789-2411, ext 298.
Mildred Mitchell-Bateman Hospital (Huntington): Certified Recreation Therapist; Director of Psychology; Health Service Assistants; Health Service Worker Trainees, Health Service Workers, Interpreter for the Deaf, Nurses (LPN and Nurse 1, 2, and 3); and Therapeutic Program Director. Call Kieth Anne Worden, 304-525-7801.
Oil and Gas Inspectors:
Critical need for Oil and Gas Inspectors - oil and gas experience required. Review the job posting and/or review testing preparation materials
Sharpe Hospital: Cook; Food Service Worker; Health Service Worker; Health Service Trainee; LPN; Nurse 1, 2, and 3; Nurse 4 (Unit Manager). Call Debbie Cook, 304-269-1210 ext. 360.
Veterans Nursing Facility (Clarksburg): Veterans Nursing Home Assistant Administrator, Nurse 3, LPN, Health Service Worker. Call Donna Smith, 304-626-1600, ext. 2066 or Lisa J. Taylor, 304-626-1602, ext. 2066.
JOBS WITH FREQUENT HIRES:
- Accounting Technicians
- Adult Protective Service Workers
- Child Protective Service Workers
- Child Support Specialists
- Construction Workers - the Division of Highways has a continuous need
- Cooks and Food Service Workers - all facilities
- Correctional Officers - Division of Corrections, Regional Jails, and Juvenile Services (many locations)
- Criminal Justice Specialists
- Customer Service Workers - the Division of Motor Vehicles has positions in many locations statewide
- Equipment Operators and Technicians - the Division of Highways has a continuous need
- Economic Service Workers (determine eligibility for financial assistance) - many locations statewide
- Environmental Resource Inspectors and Specialists
- Health Service Workers - all Health facilities
- Licensed Practical Nurses - all facilities
- Lottery Positions: Investigators, Accountants, Technicians, and various other job titles
- Office Assistants - we have a continuous need for highly skilled office support workers
- Registered Nurses - all facilities
- Secretaries - we have a continuous need for highly skilled office support workers
- Social Workers
- Tax Audit Clerk Trainees
- Transportation Workers - especially those who are CDL-qualified; many locations statewide