We’ve identified a few jobs for which we have a critical and/or frequent need. After reviewing the list below, return to our Job Seekers site to review the full job postings and learn how to apply. Remember, this is only a partial list of our open jobs. Also, be sure to complete an Online Job Interest Card to receive automatic email notification of new job openings that match your interests.
CRITICAL NEED JOBS: For more information on these jobs, review the full postings or call the contact person listed. Note: The term ‘DHHR’ refers to the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE
(jobs in this office are not covered by the Division of Personnel merit system) – The West Virginia Attorney General’s Office is looking for individuals to fill the following positions: Attorneys, an Assistant Comptroller, a Chief Operating Officer, a Network Administrator, and Support Staff such as Administrative Support positions, Legal Secretaries, and Paralegals. Visit www.wvago.gov/jobs.cfm
for more information on positions and the application process.
DHHR: Critical need in many locations for Child Protective Service Worker, Child Protective Service Worker Trainee, and Social Service Worker 3. Call Rebecca Kelly at 304-558-2056.
DHHR (Medicaid Fraud Control Unit - Kanawha County):
Accountant/Auditor 3 (Forensic Auditor), and Investigator 2. Please review the minimum qualifications (click here
). If you meet the qualifications and are currently in the covered service, submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you meet the qualifications but are not currently in the covered service, please apply through the regular Division of Personnel application process (click here
DHHR: Physicians and Specialists needed. Call 304-356-4819.
Hopemont Hospital (Preston County): URGENT! LPNs, RNs, Health Service Workers. Call Brenda Thomas, 304-789-2411, ext 298.
Hopemont Hospital (Preston County): Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing. Call Brenda Thomas, 304-789-2411, ext. 298.
Jackie Withrow Hospital (Beckley): Health Service Workers and Health Service Worker Trainees (CNAs).
Manchin Health Center (Fairmont): Health Service Workers and Health Service Worker Trainees (CNAs).
Martinsburg Correctional Center: Correctional Officer. Call Kathy L. Cole, 304-267-0156, ext 306.
Motor Vehicles (locations statewide): Customer Service Representatives.
Mount Olive Correctional Center: Correctional Officer. Call Tonya Harrison, 304-442-7213.
Oil and Gas Inspectors:
Critical need for Oil and Gas Inspectors - oil and gas experience required. Review the job posting and/or review testing preparation materials
Sharpe Hospital: Cook; Food Service Worker; Health Service Worker; Health Service Trainee; LPN; Nurse 1, 2, and 3; Nurse 4 (Unit Manager). Call Debbie Cook, 304-269-1210 ext. 360.
State Hospitals: Recreation Specialists and Recreation Assistants are often needed at State hospitals.
Veterans Nursing Facility (Clarksburg): Nurse 3, LPN, Health Service Worker. Call 304-626-1600 (Kathy Hess, ext 2006 -or- Donna Smith, ext. 2066).
JOBS WITH FREQUENT HIRES:
- Accounting Technicians
- Adult Protective Service Workers
- Child Protective Service Workers
- Child Support Specialists
- Construction Workers - the Division of Highways has a continuous need
- Cooks and Food Service Workers - all facilities
- Correctional Officers - Division of Corrections, Regional Jails, and Juvenile Services (many locations)
- Criminal Justice Specialists
- Customer Service Workers - the Division of Motor Vehicles has positions in many locations statewide
- Equipment Operators and Technicians - the Division of Highways has a continuous need
- Economic Service Workers (determine eligibility for financial assistance) - many locations statewide
- Environmental Resource Inspectors and Specialists
- Health Service Workers - all Health facilities
- Insurance Assistants
- Licensed Practical Nurses - all facilities
- Lottery Positions: Investigators, Accountants, Technicians, and various other job titles
- Office Assistants - we have a continuous need for highly skilled office support workers
- Recreation Assistants and Recreation Specialists are often needed at State hospitals
- Registered Nurses - all facilities
- Secretaries - we have a continuous need for highly skilled office support workers
- Social Workers
- Substance Abuse Therapists
- Tax Audit Clerk Trainees
- Transportation Workers - especially those who are CDL-qualified; many locations statewide