|Audience: All Managers and Supervisors
Program Track: LMD 400
Elective: Continuing Education
Instructor: Mark Isabella, M.A., C.P.T.
Contact Hours: 6
To compete and succeed in today’s world of work, we must attract and retain quality talent. Those goals are becoming increasingly difficult to achieve. Many of our veteran employees are contemplating retirement or are already gone. Resources are in short supply. New employees may not yet possess the skills and knowledge necessary to perform at a high level. What can we do to avoid talent gaps and shortages in such a challenging environment?
While many factors ultimately contribute to successful talent management, workforce and succession planning play key roles. Only through these planning processes will we be equipped to anticipate future mandates and determine the human resources necessary to meet them.
This program offers you a head start on other organizations in the competition for talent. In it, you will learn how to:
- Project future performance requirements and initiatives;
- Analyze your current workforce supply;
- Identify key replacement needs and the high-potential people and critical positions to
- include in your succession plan; and
- Use the state’s Employee Performance Appraisal process and Talent Development Plans to improve performance and facilitate employee growth and development.
Nothing will influence your effectiveness as a leader more than the quality of the talent that surrounds you. Position yourself for future success by attending Workforce and Succession Planning.